quinta-feira, 24 de julho de 2008

Little Portugal

Yesterday me and Maria went to this little mobile phones’ shop that I already told you about below, to charge Maria’s cell phone. She is luckier than I am since she got her SIM card charged after 3 hours (there is a long story behind, but let us focus on the main topic).
So, in this really small shop one of the guys is very nice and speaks very good English so we had this little shop chat: “and where are you from?” and we said loudly proud : “from Portugal!”. And when we said Portugal, one of the employees, that does not speaks English said: “ahh Cristiano Ronaldo!!” and then “ahhh Figo”. I know I shouldn’t but I was quite shocked!! That boy over there (who is not more than 16 years old and does not speak English) may not know where Portugal is but he knows Cristiano Ronaldo and Figo!

The first thing that comes to his mind after hear the word Portugal is Cristiano Ronaldo!

I don’t know if I am happy or disappointed regarding this issue, but I have to surrender: Cristiano Ronaldo is a truly ambassador of Portugal in the World!


Sem comentários: